(Maternity Cover for Director of Development)
1 year Fixed Term Contract
Start: May 1st 2019
The successful candidate will be responsible for operational delivery of the SRA’s impact strategy through being accountable for our campaigning and partnership programmes.
In addition, the role will provide strategic lead to the state-of-the art salesforce technology that powers the organisation’s member delivery and international work
The role will report directly to the CEO and be part of the senior management team contributing towards the general strategy of the organisation and leading teams to realise this vision.
The role will be expected to lead:
Key internal projects that support our impact strategy
The roadmap for our technology platform salesforce ensuring we continue to develop and provide an excellent service to enable us to work effectively
Partnership management with a range of key NGO and corporate partners, including being responsible for corporate partner retention
A small team of key staff in the membership, marketing and project team top collaborate well on their KPIs.
We are looking for an experienced senior manager with excellent people management, stakeholder management and project management skills who is passionate about shifting the food system in a sustainable direction. The rapid pace of our organisation means we are impatient to bring about change and the ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong communication skills, able to absorb key information quickly and work well with a small team in a dynamic working environment.
We are looking for someone keen to take on fixed-term contract which is maternity cover for our existing Director of Development, we anticipate an ability for handover period and support through May and June 2019
Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
Support the company in production planning and making sure the business is adequately resourced.
Identifying any skills gaps in the organisation and undertaking a recruitment programme to support this.
Training of staff and managers to ensure that everyone is performing adequately in their role.
Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process.
Acting as a liaison to senior management and board of directors to keep them up to date with shop floor matters.
Ensuring key performance indicators are in place and impact and growth targets are met.
Implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the production process.
Introducing and managing in-house IT systems ensuring that they are fit for purpose.
Senior Management Team
• Project Reporting as required to CEO, partners and board meetings
• To take collective decisions on the people, resources and strategic direction as part of a supportive Senior Management Team
Project Strategic Leadership
• Overall strategic leadership to delivery of key funded programmes including ensuring appropriate project plans, risk registers, required resourcing and management oversight are in place.
This will include but is not limited to campaigns such as One Planet Plate, Food Waste, Meat Reduction and Single Use Plastic Reduction, Grant Funded Programmes with the Barilla Foundation and Internal Projects such as the delivery of technology leaps for our member base such as the role out of the Food Made Good App
• Oversight of all projects within remit with regular contract reporting, monitoring and feedback to ensure a continuous learning environment, ensuring key metrics, regular management information and impact is clearly defined and communicated.
• Overall management of the budgets of the programmes and resource requirements.
• Ensure that any required reporting, monitoring and evaluation of funded projects are delivered on time and opportunities for leveraging further funding from existing funders are explored.
Strategic lead to Salesforce/Technology CRM
• Working closely with the Digital Project Manager to ensure that the salesforce CRM underpinning all of our delivery programmes provides excellent service to users.
• Taking the strategic lead for any developments required to the salesforce platform and reviewing any proposals for spending or changes from the Digital Project Manager to ensure these deliver value for money and effective impact capture.
• Overall control of the budgets for the ongoing technology spend and ensuring strong relationship with our technology partners.
• Line management responsibilities for the at least five staff across Marketing, Membership, and Projects
• Ensuring a strong team of empowered staff able to independently lead work in their respective area of the organisation.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Expertise
• Senior management level experience of programme and project management;
• Demonstrable client and stakeholder engagement experience
• Senior level experience of managing and delivering across a function (experience of growing a membership organisation would be ideal)