FREELANCE/CONTRACT PROJECT MANAGER
The Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA) is a not for profit membership organisation that helps restaurants become more sustainable and diners make more sustainable choices when dining out.
Our members include a broad range of foodservice providers and suppliers, including neighborhood favourites, high street chains, pubs, workplace canteens to Michelin-starred fine dining restaurants.
In addition to our work with members, the we work with a range of partner organisations on projects that help us reach further into the industry. You can see a range of our current partners here.
We are experiencing unprecedented demand for our support both from members and partners, and we need to grow our project management capacity with our members and partners. We are initially looking to offer a 1 month full-time contract, but there is lots of opportunity for making this longer term.
Full-time, initial 1 month Contract
Part time minimum 3 days a week would be considered
Day rate dependent upon experience and contract length
|To Begin||March 2020|
|Line Manager||Development Director|
- You’re an experienced project manager, and you’re comfortable being client facing
- You’re interested in food sustainability and curious to see how restaurants can accelerate change
- You’re able to quickly learn new information, and you’re able to synthesize and make complicated decisions
- You’re a stickler for details, and you write and present flawlessly
- You are good at setting your own priorities, dealing with ambiguity and being accountable for project outcomes
- You can influence others, inspire confidence in your decision making, and exercise good judgement
It’s likely that you’ll support the wider team on larger projects, as leading projects independently.
You’ll balance the commercial and sustainability impact of projects, alongside the partner’s priorities, and be responsible for:
Commercial & Client
- Follow project budgets, ensuring deadlines and goals are met effectively and efficiently
- Develop and maintain close relationships with partners, and attend partner meetings
- Ensure project timelines are running to schedule and pro-actively address where issues are flagged
- Ensure the partner is aware of project development, and satisfied with progress
- Further enhance relationships with the partner so we build the value of our work
- Presentation and workshop delivery to large audiences
- Manage the partner and the project to ensure we land ambitious change
- Influence the client and the project stakeholders to aim high
- Report writing, assessing impact and documenting project results
Experience and skills required
- Commercial awareness and a passion for sustainability
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Confidence in presenting to large audiences, and engaging stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude towards work
- Demonstrable interest in sustainability issues in the hospitality sector and a desire to learn more
- Highly adaptable with experience working as part of a busy team, taking responsibility, proactively identifying and managing situations where needed
- Solutions oriented approach to work
Sound like you?
Please apply below or email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter that links to some examples of projects you’ve worked on.