3 days a week, to extend to full time as the hospitality industry reopens
|Line Manager||Managing Director|
|Base||Remote (working from home)|
ABOUT THE SRA
We exist to accelerate change towards an environmentally restorative and socially progressive hospitality sector
The Sustainable Restaurant Association is a membership organisation working across the hospitality sector to drive progressive change. We believe that a great meal is about more than just good food; and a good restaurant is more than a great meal.
We are at a crossroads as an industry and as a planet. We can choose to build resilience: to source local and sustainably, reduce our waste and truly serve the needs of our community. It’s what our diners want and it’s what we all need. The roadmap ahead is an opportunity to build back better.
Like any great restaurant, we believe that together we are far greater than the sum of our parts. Together we can accelerate change towards an environmentally restorative and socially progressive industry.
We are a small, passionate team that punches above our weight. We work with around 400 members that expands out to about 11,000+ commercial kitchens across the UK.
We are looking for a dynamic, proactive Content Creator to join our team to help us develop and deliver a rich content strategy across multiple platforms . This role is initially part time as the sector is slowly coming back to life, but with the intention to make the role full time as soon as possible.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Content Creator is responsible for developing and delivering the SRA’s content strategy across multiple platforms including web, newsletter, digital community and social channels. This role is fast paced, working with internal teams to digest stories and bring ideas to life quickly for our audience of hospitality professionals.
This role will create copy and (some) visual assets, digest stories, data and tips to create content that will inspire restaurants and hospitality professionals to engage with sustainability issues and drive change across the sector. This role is perfect for a story-teller, a synthesiser, someone who likes to break down big ideas into bite size actions.
Principles of our online identity:
- Content Rich
- Always Celebratory
- Fosters Belonging
- Business Smart
- You are a digital native with a background or familiarity in the hospitality sector
- You love restaurants and know how to speak to hospitality professionals
- You are a confident writer and keen on developing content across multiple platforms
- You have proven experience working in social media or digital communications
- You like working in a fast-paced and reactive environment and have no problem delivering content in tight timelines
- You have a good understanding of SEO and digital content, UX principles and web analytics
- You understand different platforms (LinkedIn vs Instagram vs Website) and can differentiate your tone to suit the audience.
- You are a problem solver, and are able to deliver on limited budgets
- You are a stickler for details and ensure high levels of accuracy across all work
- You are organised, efficient and process driven, even when working independently
- You have the ability to be flexible and work to deadlines
- You may or may not have a background in sustainability, but you are passionate about making a positive difference for the planet
Core responsibilities include:
- Leading the development and delivery of an editorial strategy for our ‘always on’ comms
- Creating and publishing content regularly across social media, blog, community, website and newsletters
- Scanning industry news and press in order to develop appropriate content for our audiences
- Proactively engaging with members and user generated content on the SRA community
- Copywriting for SRA tools and projects as needed
- Occasionally creating visual assets for social
- Growth and engagement across digital channels
Experience and skills required:
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Sound knowledge of SEO and digital content tools
- Some digital design skills
- Ideally experience in restaurants or hospitality related marketing
- Confidence in developing an idea from the start to fruition
- Passion for tackling social and environmental issues related to food and hospitality
Sound like you?
Please apply below or email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter