London Food Link’s 4th annual Urban Food Fortnight is just around the corner and will give London’s food lovers the chance to sample the fantastic food being grown, produced and cooked right on our doorstep.
From 11 September London restaurants, cafes, producers and growers are pulling out all the stops to put the best London produce centre table. From special menus and pop-up supper clubs, to workshops and open gardens, Urban Food Fortnight boasts an action packed line up for the London foodie to feast upon.
With over 100 special menus and events to choose from, which will tickle your taste buds? Our suggestions include:
- Mews of Mayfair Field to Fork Menu, 11 – 27 September – The chefs at Mews of Mayfair have been busy curating an ultra-local menu featuring organic veg from Sutton Community Farm, meat from Maren’s Meats of North London, honey from Bermondsey based Urban Bee-Keeper.
- Community Brew Day at Clarkshaws Brewery, Sunday 20 September – you’ll be able to put your personal stamp on a tipple to take home and enjoy at this Brixton based microbrewery, who use only the best local ingredients to create an impressive range of contemporary beers.
- Foxlow’s Bermondsey Friar sandwich, daily from 11 – 27 September – this will be no ordinary sarnie, as it will comprise the best ingredients with cheese from Kappacasein dairy in Bermondsey, London baked bread and locally sourced seasonal slaw.
- Skip Garden Supper Club, Thursday 17 and 24 September – A garden of many hands, Skip Garden is a mobile urban oasis that moves around the Kings Cross development site, with a chance to dine on their seasonal menu, starring organic produce grown on site.
- Gringa Dairy ‘Open Dairy’ Day, Saturday 26 September – Gringa Dairy, producers of artisan Mexican cheese and suppliers to Wahaca, are throwing open the doors of their dairy in a Peckham archway for curious cheese-eaters. Visit for a tour, gain an understanding of their craft and taste their fine cheeses.
- Pop-up Pickle, Monday 14 September, The Table Cafe – patron Shaun Alpine-Crabtree and local grower Rosemary Geboo will talk people through the art of jam and pickles before they get a chance to get in a pickle!
- The Imperial – The Imperial are putting on daily specials using locally sourced food and hosting a wine pairing dinner in conjunction with London Cru Wines. This will be a four course meal designed by Chef Jason Lee Cole using all London grown produce and matched with wines from London Cru winery, based in SW6. The dinner will be held in the private dining room and the wines explained by Alex from London Cru. Guests will also have the opportunity to go on a tour of the working winery as part of the experience, and see just delivered grapes ready to go in to production!
- Island Grill – Special Sustainable Urban Food Fortnight Menu – The Island Grill will be serving a special sustainable & locally sourced set menu throughout the fortnight, served 12-7pm Sunday to Thursday.
- OXO’s Urban Menu – OXO pride themselves on sourcing the finest quality ingredients to create their dishes and when they’re able to find top quality produce close to home then so much the better. Throughout Urban Food Fortnight, they’ll be working with Sutton Community Farm who will supply a number of ingredients for some of their most popular plates.
Urban Food Fortnight is brought to you by London Food Link – a network of people and organisations working for a better food system for the capital. Join during Urban Food Fortnight to receive special discounts and a chance to win prizes including dinner for two at Hawksmoor. More details on the London Food Link website.